Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 11:25:09 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@nc.rr.com>
To:        Christian Gusenbauer <Christian.Gusenbauer@netway.at>
Cc:        Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: One more time: fxtv and audio problems

Christian Gusenbauer:
 |Yesterday, I bought a WinTV PCI-FM card and installed it. Unfortunately the
 |The TV card is connected to the line-in on the soundcard. Yes, I plugged
 |various sources into the line-in (eg. Walkman, stereo, TV) and everything
 |worked. Remember, currently my TV card is connected with the line-in on
 |the soundcard and I can hear the 1 KHz test tone of the TV card when I
 |activate it.
 |
 |If I connect my speakers directly to the line-out of the TV card, I can't
 |hear anything, too (except to the test tone if activated).
 |Randall Hopper:
 |> Fxtv.mixerChannel:     line
 |> Fxtv.defaultAudioInput: auto
 |>                                         ! tuner, external, internal, auto
 |>
 |> auto is usually right (let the driver decide).  In case it's not, override
 |> and set to external, then internal, then tuner.  Flip the volume around in
 |> each case.  See what you find.
 |
 |I tested all these settings and combinations without success. Basically, I
 |think the problem is, that the TV card doesn't output sound, the soundcard
 |seems to work properly.

I agree.  Sounds like this one may be a bktr-driver or tv-card issue.  If
you get audio in MSWin, then it's probably the former.

Hopefully Roger will have some more ideas for you.  This line in your dmesg
may be a good starting point:

   bktr0: Warning - Unknown Hauppauge Tuner 0x2a

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb@nc.rr.com