Date:      Wed, 06 Sep 2000 12:26:43 +0200
From:      Siegbert Baude <siegbert.baude@gmx.de>
To:        James Schoch <jschoch@siscom.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Iinstallation of a complete system - Sit down and start using the  programs

Hi James,

> Sorry, I did not know where to sent this!

Itīs o.k. here :-)

> The only problem have not been unable to
> resolve is getting the printer up and working (not a line printer).
> Networking, Star Office (does not print) and other apps have given me no
> problems. I have checked all FreeBSD, Linux and some UNIX books breaking down
> the information to a by the numbers check list. I do not feel that I am the
> only one with this problem. I would rather tear your installation apart to see
> how you got the printer to work.

A good starting point is always the handbook on www.freebsd.org. There are also
FAQs and tutorials for common problems. To solve your actual problem, we should
know your system (3.x, 4.x, give us the output of "uname -a") and your printer
model. In general apsfilter is a good thing to install, if facing printer
problems.
Also the error messages of your print trials would be useful.

Ciao
Siegbert