Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:44:26 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Doug Young <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
Cc:        Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: adopt a newbie program - Thanks

On Wed, Jan 01, 1997 at 12:17:39AM +1000, Doug Young wrote:
> Mail archives are often a good place to look for info about previously
> reported instances of a particular problem ....however I'm probably missing
> something about the FreeBSD archives as I've only been able to locate
> original postings from people with questions, not the whole string and
> particularly not the answers / responses.
>
> Does anyone have advice as to how one can view whole message strings ??

Not exactly sure what you mean here. I guess that when you use a
search it doesn't always find *all* the messages in a thread. I've
noticed that the search engine isn't always accurate (I've searched
for a thread name that I *know* exists, and it's returned no
matches).

If you find a message that you wish to see all replies for then
just note the date and which list it's from then browse
(http://docs.freebsd.org/mail/) that week, sorting by subject.

HTH.

STATE-OF-THE-ART: Any computer you can't afford.
OBSOLETE: Any computer you own.