Date:      Tue, 13 May 2003 20:07:20 -0700
From:      "cp" <cp@olympus.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: About Kernel Compilation

The handbook explains reconfiguring the kernel quite well. You would use
"the old way",
that it speaks of, when you finally take the last steps to make and install
the kernel. The
section of interest is:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/kernelconfig.html

Be sure you know how to boot from your old kernel prior to rebooting after
installing the
new one.