Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 1998 16:02:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        YVLEPAGE@post.bell.ca (Yves Lepage)
Cc:        owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, daniel@cyberjunky.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Subject:   Re: Sendmail and mail q'ing

In a previous message, Yves Lepage said:
> Hello,
>
> makemap btree mailertable does not hang, it is simply waiting for input from
> the terminal you're on.
>
> Try: makemap btree mailertable <mailertable

Thanks, I'm an idiot. :-)

Oh, turns out I don't need it.

I got it working by not having the domain in sendmail.cw but having
it in /etc/mail/RelayTo, and defining use_relayto in addition to use_ip_address
for anti-relaying.

Paul.

> Regards,
> Yves Lepage
>

>  owner-freebsd-questions @ FreeBSD.ORG
>  10/20/98 02:59 PM
> To: dwhite @ resnet.uoregon.edu @ INTERNET
> cc: freebsd-questions @ FreeBSD.ORG @ INTERNET, daniel @ cyberjunky.net @
> INTERNET
> Subject: Re: Sendmail and mail q'ing
>
> In a previous message, Doug White said:
> > On Mon, 12 Oct 1998, Daniel Harris wrote:
> >
> > > I have a domain where all my mail goes to my desktop (ie, cyberjunky.net).
> > > My desktop is on an ISDN link that goes down once and a while...  I want to
> > > have my mail queued on another server (nettalk.nettalklive.com) until the
> > > ISDN link is back up.  Both machines are running the latest sendmail (8.9.1)
> > > and FreeBSD.
> > >
> > > Cyberjunky.net's Name servers are off the ISDN link (Im in the process of
> > > changing them now) and will have MX 10 cyberjunky.net and MX 20
> > > nettalk.nettalklive.com for mail to goto the right machine.  What do I have
> > > to do to nettalk to get it to queue all mail for cyberjunky.net, but no
> > > deliver it locally?
> >
> > nettalk won't locally deliver mail unless it thinks i'ts cyberjunky.net,
> > which means you put cyberjunky.net in /etc/sendmail.cw, which is wrong.
> >
> > nettalk should queue mail automatically for cyberjunky; when they call up,
> > have them do an ETRN to fetch the mail.
>

> I'm trying to do this and am having some trouble.
>
> Ok. I've got the mx records set up:
>
> test.iaces.com  preference = 5, mail exchanger = fievel.test.iaces.com
> test.iaces.com  preference = 10, mail exchanger = horton.iaces.com
>
> I have anti-relaying on on horton (sendmail 8.8.8). And it will not forward
> unless I put test.iaces.com in the sendmail.cw file. But then it delivers
> locally.
>
> I tried putting in the mailertable per the other email, but
> makemap dbm mailertable comes back with:
> makemap: Type dbm not supported in this version
>
> So I changed it to hash or btree, and makemap just hangs.
>

> What am I doing wrong?
>

> Thanks,
> Paul.
>

> --
> "A cookie store is a bad idea.  Besides, the market research reports say
> America likes crispy cookies, not soft and chewy cookies like you make."
>  --Response to Debbi Fields' idea of starting Mrs. Fields' Cookies.

"She really wasn't my type - a hard-looking, untalented reporter for the
 local cat-box liner; but the first second that third-rate representative
 of the fourth estate cracked open a new fifth of Scotch, my sixth sense
 said seventh heaven was as close as an eighth note from Beethoven's 'Ninth
 Symphony, ' so, nervous as a tenth grader drowning in eleventh-hour cramming
 for a physics exam, I swept her into my longing arms, and while humming
 'The Twelfth Of Never,' I got lucky on Friday the thirteenth."

    -- William W. "Buddy" Ocheltree of Lilburn GA top honors submission
       to the 12th annual Bulwer-Lytton contest for bad fiction,