Date:      Sun, 25 Feb 2001 07:40:20 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "'Scott Taylor'" <smt@subdimension.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: install from ntfs over network?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG]On Behalf Of Scott Taylor
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2001 1:58 AM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: install from ntfs over network?

I am a newbie @ networking.  I have one comptuer which is running
windows 2000 and another which runs windows 95.
I want to replace the one that has 95 w/ freebsd.
They are networked, and I can share files.
I have tcp/ip installed.  My question is this:
How can i install from a remote ntfs filesystem ?
 Would I have to run an ftp server on the
computer w/ 2000?  or is there NFS software for win2000
that I could use which would be better suited?

Thanks,

Scott Taylor

Scott,
I would recommend setting up an ftp server on the machine for
transfer, if you're not that familiar with NFS. If you're stuck on
NFS, there is a Unix Services for Windows v2.0 package that works with
Win2k, if PC-NFS doesn't work. You can find shareware ftp servers
online, if you don't have it included with your 2k install. This
should only be done after changing your email format from html to
plain text.
-Otter