Date:      Sun, 5 Mar 2000 11:33:51 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        William Wong <willwong@anime.ca>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Modem no longer found after u/g to 4.0-current - help

On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 05:28:27AM -0500, William Wong wrote:
> Mark,
>
> Take a look at your /usr/src/sys/isa/sio.c file.
>
> You should see a section beginning with:
> static struct isa_pnp_id sio_ids[]
>
> which lists a bunch of modems and their pnp ids.
>
> You need to add your pnp id for your modem (you can type pnpinfo to get this
> info) into this file and then recompile your kernel.

Thanks, that fixed it :)

sio2: <Pace 56 Voice Internal Plug & Play Modem> at port 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 5 on isa0
sio2: type 16550A

Out of interest, do you know why it was necessary for me to do this
in 4.0 when the pnp driver in 3.x found this modem without it being
listed in /usr/src/sys/isa/sio.c?

Thanks again for the help.

> - Will
>
> > unknown0: <Pace 56 Voice Internal Plug & Play Modem> at port
> > 0x3e8-0x3ef irq 5 on isa0

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000