Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 2001 09:17:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      hm@hcs.de (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        Andy Chantrill <andy@chantrill.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Help

From the keyboard of Andy Chantrill:

> I changed the card to a different slot (seeing as I can't assign irqs in
> BIOS).
>
> Grepping "irq" out of the bootlog yields the following:
>
> --
> IOAPIC #0 intpin 2 -> irq 0
> sym0: <875> port 0x7000-0x70ff mem
> 0x40100000-0x40100fff,0x40101000-0x401010ff irq 5 at device 4.0 on pci1
> isic0: <AVM Fritz!Card PCI> port 0x6000-0x601f mem 0x40000000-0x4000001f irq
> 10 at device 10.0 on pci0

So it seems to have nothing to do with irq 5 (if the problem still persists).

Have you read the FAQ ? Please do it! There were numerous of exactly this
problem and nearly all this problems were hardware/BIOS problems solved
by adjusting the BIOS or swapping hardware.

Your kernel, isdnd.rc and ppp configuration files have _nothing_ to do with
this problem, currently you are simply not able to access the ISDN card at
all until you make the above described symptoms go away.

Check the FAQ, the mailing list archives and your BIOS settings!

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 55 97 47-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 55 97 47-77