Date:      Sun, 2 Jan 2000 22:34:11 +0100 (CET)
From:      Marc Schneiders <marc@oldserver.demon.nl>
To:        Jeff Palmer <scorpio@sunline.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IO adress on an ISA card

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000, Jeff Palmer wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Sorry if this is a duplicate email,  the first one looks like it failed.
>

> I happen to have a Legacy ISA card,  windows reports it as irq 5 IO 0x320
> (if it matters,  it's a 3com sportster 128K internal)

I think I noticed in the past that Windows "makes up" irq and port
with a 3COM509B ISA card. I cannot check this right now.
Try the config utility that comes with the card (or can be dowloaded
from 3com) to tell you the true values.

> However,  when recompiling the kernel,  (3.4-STABLE) it says something to
> the affect of  isic0 not found at 0x320  in the boot messages.

This means you have the values wrong. I wonder, did it work when you
installed and gave the same values in the visual config screen?

> How can I find the specific IO for the card,  so i can use it in unix?
>
> I'd really appreciate any help available.

One final thing: Have you set (reserved) the value of the irq in the
BIOS in the section PNP/PCI for the lecacy card to ISA or legacy or
whatever your BIOS calls it?

--
Marc Schneiders

marc@venster.nl
marc@oldserver.demon.nl

propro         	 10:26pm  up   3 days,15 mins,  load average: 2.09 2.08 2.02