Date:      Wed, 23 Nov 2005 10:03:26 -0800
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@BitBlocks.com>
To:        "Damien Bergamini" <damien.bergamini@free.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/modules/iwi Makefile src/sys/dev/iwi

> This is FreeBSD 7.
> If you can't afford temporary breakage, use RELENG_6.

Temporaray breakage is fine but I was hoping it didn't extend
too long while people were hashing out different ideas :-)
For now I have just reverted to an older kernel.

But since you bring this up, as a general rule, IMHO even if
this is -current every effort needs to be made to keep things
running.  And I think this is true by and large.

> Are you sure your suspend/resume problem comes from iwi ?

It paniced in iwi_init() or something (I was in a hurry so
didn't pay much attention).  If it will help, I can certainly
retry it and send you the details.

> Does it happen if you ifconfig iwi0 down before suspending ?

No idea.

> Was suspend/resume working with the old iwicontrol stuff ?

Yes.  This is why I suspect the fix is probably very simple.

Thanks for your & Scott's response.

-- bakul