Date:      Sat, 10 Feb 2001 15:08:04 -0500
From:      Kelly Hendrix <kelly@compuage.com>
To:        rootman <rootman@xmission.com>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hello from russia!

Greetings

> A while back, I asked if it could be sent out more often, thinking
> that it would be received/read by those who had just subscribed
> to the list and might keep them from asking technical questions.
> However, most people thought this was a ludicrous request and
> wouldn't help change things at all.  I was just trying to throw some
> ideas out there but I agree now that it wasn't a good one.  I should
> have stuck with my early gut feeling that a name change would be
> more helpful.

Perhaps this email could be sent out to all new subscribers, along with
the welcome message everyone gets.  Not saying this will completely
eliminate all technical questions, but it might give pause to many of
the people who subscribed thinking this is the correct place for
newcomers to FreeBSD to ask questions.

Kelly