Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 01:03:20 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Devin Butterfield <dbutter@wireless.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: if_strip for FreeBSD?

In message <01081423553800.09528@db.wireless.net> Devin Butterfield writes:
: 902-928MHz. They are Frequency hopping spread spectrum radios, and I think
: they can do 1 watt max. I've found that I can maintain a link at about 2
: blocks away with ping times around 180-200ms (using PPP). I'm sure I could
: probably get even better range if there weren't any houses or trees in the
: way. :)

Interesting.  I wonder if I could use the 900MHz antennas that I have
to increase that range :-).  Might give me better resistance to the
tree problem I have on my 2.4GHz link now.

Warner