Date:      Thu, 14 Sep 2000 00:14:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Ronan Eckelberry, Network Admin" <ronane@hitter.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linksys PCMLM56 10/100LAN/56KModem PCMCIA Card

In message <011e01c01dea$350ef7a0$ba44c0cf@ronan1> "Ronan Eckelberry, Network Admin" writes:
:     Tried that.  It seems to either do that with ever IRQ that I try or, it
: will just lock without even giving me a warning.  A bit annoying.

Q: How do I figure out which IRQs I can use?

A: You should take the following list:
	3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15
remove those that a dmesg | grep irq show to be in use, remove those
for which you have hardware in your machine but no device driver for
it, or whose driver polls the device rather than using interrupts
(IIRC lpt might do this).  Those that are left are good ones, but some
systems require that you select them for legacy isa interrupts
(although most don't and most laptops can't).

However, there's an exception to the above rules if you are using a
cardbus bridge on a pci card that isn't connected to the ISA bus via a
small adapter card.  You can't use these cards at this time!

Warner