Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 20:59:09 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>
To:        Frank Griffith <frankg@idfw.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sunclock

In the last episode (Feb 02), Frank Griffith said:
> Okay, that's a cool idea, except I can't get there from here !
>
> Let me say that I can get up to the part of
>  Run /stand/sysinstall, pick "Configure", pick
> "Distributions", pick "Custom", .....
>
>     ** at this point I cannot choose XFree86 which takes me
>         to anything that has Basic or Prog... sorry old man,
>         but my version (2.2.5) seems to only have a Configure
>         XFree86, and when I select it I'm taken to the menu
>         where I can choose XF86Setup or xf86config... which
>         is where I've already been and done the config. for mouse,
>         monitor, card and keyboard.
>
> Anymore ideas or am I missing something in your last explaination.

It looks like the sysinstall menu changed on me.  I tried on a
pre-2.2.1 machine, and I had to run sysinstall, pick "Custom",
"Distributions", "Custom", "XFree86", "Basic", "Prog".

Here's a way guaranted to work: fetch
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/2.2.5-RELEASE/XF86331/X331prog.tgz
and extract that into /usr/X11R6.

	-Dan Nelson
	dnelson@emsphone.com