Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 11:40:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FIXED -->  Thanks! Re: ep0 eeprom failed to come ready...

On Wed, 22 Mar 2000, Igor B. Bykhalo wrote:
> So is it recommended to put ISA cards into PnP mode? I'm asking
> because I have a couple of boxes with two and three 3C509B cards in
> them. In this case,

PnP mode seems to work just fine here.

> 1) how should look the corresponding line in kernel config?
> Just
>
> device ep0

Yes, or even

device ep

> 2) how I bind IP addresses to desired cards?

I suspect that boards in PnP mode will be probed in order of their
ethernet MAC address, which will probably correspond with their PnP serial
number, which is likely used as part of the isolation protocol (which
determines detection order.)

> And one more question: 3c5x9cfg.exe utility in the config section has
> "Optimisation"(?) entry, where you can select "server", "client", etc.
> What is recommended? Or just don't bother?

I suspect that those entries are there for use by the driver.  Our driver
doesn't make use of them so not bothering works just fine.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |