Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 10:42:11 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
To:        bts@babbleon.org
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ACPI

In message: <0480b1828140e12FE8@mail8.nc.rr.com>
            "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org> writes:
: I'd think it's "less interesting" because APM can report battery state and
: suspend and all that basic stuff.  Or is the concern here about about
: machines with broken APM?

Lots of new laptops just flat won't work with APM.  I have one that
just kicks up its heels and refuses to do a thing with APM.  Of course
this is the same laptop that assigns IRQs to the cardbus bridge that
aren't wired to the cardbus bridge, but I suppose I can't exect things
like that to work right, can I?

Warner