Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 13:53:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mike Hoskins <mike@adept.org>
To:        "Kanno, Ken" <kkanno@rivenet.com>
Cc:        "'stable@freebsd.org'" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: syslog config

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Kanno, Ken wrote:

> When I removed the "*.notice" as you suggested, nothing gets logged at all,
> period.

I didn't suggest removing '*.notice', but rather adding
'local4.none'.  You still want all non-local4 notices logged to
/var/log/messages I assume.

That'd leave something like,

<snip>
*.notice;local4.none;etc...           /var/log/messages
local4.*                              /var/log/cisco.log
<snip>

Later,
-Mike

--
 Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow they may make it illegal.