Date:      Wed, 15 Jan 2003 04:02:51 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Chris Knight <chris@aims.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, <alexander.pohoyda@gmx.net>
Subject:   RE: Problem with RC3

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Chris Knight wrote:
> It works under Win9x with an extra program, but doesn't work under
> Windows 2000. I'm happy to be corrected though. I have a DOS partition
> on my ThinkPad 600, but never managed to get it working.

Hibernation should work on ALL thinkpads, probably back as far as the 701.

I've got it working on a 560E as well.

Just create a DOS filesystem sized say 16 megs larger than your system
memory size and use the ps2 utility to create the hibernation file.

'ps2 hfile c' for example would create the file on C drive.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |