Date:      Sat, 19 Apr 2014 16:53:07 +0200
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        lev@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: amd(8) doesn't work in 10 and CURRENT (does auromound(8) support NFS?)

Wiadomo=C5=9B=C4=87 napisana przez Lev Serebryakov w dniu 19 kwi 2014, o =
godz. 08:40:
> Hello, Edward.
> You wrote 19 =D0=B0=D0=BF=D1=80=D0=B5=D0=BB=D1=8F 2014 =D0=B3., =
1:59:08:
>=20
>>> Does new "automound(8)", which "compatible with its counterparts in =
OS X,
>>> Solaris, and Linux" support NFS?
> ETN> Well, it would be kind of pointless if it didn't, right?  ;-)
> Why not? As far as I understand, removable storage (USB sticks, all
> assortment of cards and cardreaders, optical discs, external USB HDD
> enclosures and things like this) is much more frequent than NFS in =
these
> days :)

Not in corporate environments, which are the main target
for the automounter.  Of course those will be supported as well,
but in most cases mounting removable drives is done by some
other desktop mechanism.