Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 2002 17:09:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        Lars Bungum <lars.bungum@copyleft.no>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gimp

> Hello, all!

Hi, Lars.

>             ... [-p<path>] [-x<xlist>] - | file
>        xgettext -h (HELP)
> Unrecognized option: -

My guess is that you have installed the xview port.  There is a conflict
between it and the GNU gettext ports.  Unfortunately the FreeBSD ports
system does not support conflicts [*]. If you remove the xgettext command
which was installed with xview (no ports use it), I think the conflict
will be limited to the man pages.  If you remember to do "info xgettext"
rather than "man xgettext"  if you ever want to read the GNU
documentation, I expect that you will be fine.
--
Trevor Johnson

[*] Patches are at
http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=13649 and