Date:      30 Jun 2002 01:02:53 +0200
From:      Henrik Motakef <henrik.motakef@web.de>
To:        Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to get involved in a port (as a newbie)?

Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de> writes:

> What's the way to get involved in a port? I don't think there's the
> possibility for me to start a new port myself, since I just don't
> have the ability. Let's hope "not yet, but soon".

There are ports that are very easy to do, don't be too humble.

However, you might want to check the problem reports on
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi for things to do on
existing ports (and elsewhere). Waiting for someone to ask you for
anything probably won't work, just pick a project to hack on and ask
if you run into problems.

Here are some things to read:

The Porters Handbook:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html