Date:      01 Jul 2002 01:03:12 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GNOME 2.0 Final Update

--=-1P95v5b5xV69j72dTmO1

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 19:14, Franz Klammer wrote:
> Am Sa, 2002-06-29 um 08.48 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:=20
> > Guys, it's my, marcus.  I've been having problems sending to the list
> > from my marcus account while on the road, so I'm sending from my work
> > account.
> >=20
> > Attached is the last few patches needed to go to GNOME 2.0 final.  I'm
> > still waiting for a repo-copy for the user documentation.  If you apply
> > these patches, with the RC 2 stuff I committed the other day, you shoul=
> > be practically there.
> >=20
> > I wanted to get a few testers' feedback before the final commit.  Pleas=
> > let me know if you see any issues other than the ones listed at
> > http://www.gnome.org/start/2.0/errors.html.  I'll be flying tomorrow,
> > and if all goes well, finalizing GNOME 2.0 in the tree as well.
>=20
> I've still my two major and some new minor problems:=20
>=20
> 1) quanta kill my panel(s) when i quit it.=20
>    if i start and quit quanta several times it kills any=20
>    gnome application currently running. (reported at bugzilla)=20

What is quanta?

>=20
> 2) anti aliased fonts an Xinerama (very nerved when listing=20
>    files in nautilus)=20
>=20
> ---=20
>=20
> 3) gnomecalc needs to turn off num-lock. (reported at bugzilla)=20
>=20
> 4) nautilus freeze while generating thumbnails: occured with=20
>    my last screen-shot-PNG and an animated GIF.=20

Yeah, this happens to me, too.  It only seems to occur for GIFs and PNG
images.  JPEGs generate just fine.  I haven't been able to track the
problem down yet.

>=20
> 5) somtimes sawfish core dumps (sorry i've deleted the last dump)=20

I have yet to see a core dump from sawfish2.

>=20
>=20
> to 1)=20
> The Panel-Quanta-Problem i've reported at bugzilla.gnome.org.=20
> They want now from me a "stack trace when the crash/exit occurs"=20
> Can anyone on this list tell me unknowing in very easy words how=20
> to do that? There is no core dump.=20

Well, you can compile quanta with the -g option, then make sure you
don't strip the resulting binary.  Then, if you run it from gdb, it
should catch the fatal signal, and drop you to the debugger.  From
there, just execute a "bt" command to get the back trace.

> yesterday i've deleted over 10 *.desktop-files from=20
> .gnome2/panel2.d/default/launchers today i fond again=20
> 9 files and some are double - why? on my panl only=20
> 5 icons/launchers and why the panel didn't find them=20
> again when it dies _and_ why then gnome often forgets=20
> that i've configured two panels (somtimes gnome2 alleges=20
> that i don't have configured any panel).=20

Not sure.  I'm not seeing this problem.  It may benefit to do a clean
install of GNOME 2.0 now that all components are final.  I'm planning on
doing this tomorrow just to make sure all the bits build from scratch.

Joe

>=20
>=20
> franz=20
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> WEBONAUT.com
> http://webonaut.com
> mailto:klammer@webonaut.com
>=20
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20

--=-1P95v5b5xV69j72dTmO1

--=-1P95v5b5xV69j72dTmO1--