Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 12:49:27 -0400
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ville_Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@FreeBSD.org, Khachaturov Vassilii <Vassilii.Khachaturov@comverse.com>
Subject:   Re: Introduction

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 07:18:57PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-08-28 at 15:33, Khachaturov Vassilii wrote:
> [...]
> > In your case, however, the version control system is not an in-house one,
> > so maybe indeed there are other users of it that might be interested.
> > But I'd say if you want those integrated, you should also explain to people
> > how to (freely) set up a testing environment. Maybe you might team up with
> > some of the PVCS developers, or have them maintain a vendor-specific
> > patch for cvsweb to release with cvsweb and PVCS new releases.
[...]
> BTW Tim, if your version is based on Zeller's cvsweb.cgi, you can still
> browse the revisions at his site and see if you can find the version
> your patched one is based on, and do a diff between them.

No, it's far older than that.  :)  Mine dates back to Fenner's cvsweb
and updating it to the newer cvsweb is a matter of redoing the PVCS
support, not updating the patches.  :)

Hmm...  Okay, next time I have to sit down and fight with our cvsweb
at work again, I should simply update to a newer cvsweb revision and
ensure that I keep compatibility with CVS and submit patches.

We use an absolutely ancient version of PVCS, so I'll also need to
verify that more recent releases of PVCS are not completely different.

--
If I could think of a two-line witty aphorism for you to remember
me by, this would definitely be it.