Date:      Sun, 8 Sep 2002 10:15:11 +0100
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wouter Van Hemel <wouter@pair.com>
Cc:        Bim Jimbleton <lost@cbc.ca>, freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: GNOME/Freebsd but no KDE/FreeBSD?

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 02:30:45AM +0200, Wouter Van Hemel wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 23:31, Bim Jimbleton wrote:
> > I noticed on the  FreeBSD newsflash page=20
> > http://www.freebsd.org/news/newsflash.html
> >=20
> > there is a special link near the top to GNOME/FreeBSD project. news.
> > For fairness, if nothing else, shouldn't there be one for the=20
> > hard working KDE/FreeBSD team also?
> > http://freebsd.kde.org/

Fixed.

It should be noted that the notion that the projects that have their web
pages hosted as part of the main freebsd.org site should have their own
distinct news pages is quite ridiculous, and must have slipped through
while I was asleep at the wheel.

The correct solution is for <event>s in news.xml to have an optional
'subproject' attribute (i.e., <event subproject=3D"java">).  If
subsections of the site want to present just the news related to their
activities then they should use some XSL to skim out just the events
their interested in from news/news.xml.

At some point (when I get some CFT) I'll fix this.

--=20
FreeBSD: The Power to Serve      http://www.freebsd.org/               (__)
FreeBSD Documentation Project    http://www.freebsd.org/docproj/    \\\'',)
                                                                      \/  \=
 ^
   --- 15B8 3FFC DDB4 34B0 AA5F  94B7 93A8 0764 2C37 E375 ---         .\._/=
_)

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr

--liOOAslEiF7prFVr--