Date:      17 Oct 2002 14:27:39 +0200
From:      Martin =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Klaffenb=F6ck?= <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Pan 0.13.1

Am Di, 2002-10-15 um 20.28 schrieb Joe Marcus Clarke:
> On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 08:11, Martin Klaffenböck wrote:
> > Am Di, 2002-10-15 um 14.00 schrieb Martin Klaffenböck:
> > > Hi Joe,
> > >
> > > I hope I'm not to late, I was glad that I could do some work for you.
> > >
> > > Here is a patch for the pan2 port, it's updatet from 0.13.0 to 0.13.1.
> > > (It works here with 'patch < pan2.patch' in the /usr/ports/news
> > > directory.)
> >
> > There seems to be something wrong, the patch 'patch < pan2.patch' works,
> > but there are some troubles:
> > ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for pan2-0.13.1
> >   I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.
> >
> > I deleted files/patch-Makefile because not a Makefile will be patched,
> > it's a Makefile.in.  So I created a new file: files/patch-Makefile.in
> >
> > But my diff didnt get that..?  How do I correctly create a diff for a
> > whole port, where files are deleted and other files come new?
> >
> > I tryed 'diff -Nur pan2.orig pan2'
> > What should I do correctly?
> >
> > So for this time I'll send you a shell archive for my pan2 attachment,
> > so dont overwrite your existing pan, you cannot diff anymore.
>
> Thanks.  Committed.

Now I think if that really was a good Idea to update this port.  It
doesn't work fine here.  I can only use the group I select at first
after starting pan.  When I try to change the group, it does not appear
in the Article-Header buffer.  I have to restart pan and then use the
other group first, if I want to see them.

Is this the same for you, or do I have solve this problem only locally?

Martin