Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2003 13:45:39 -0800
From:      Gary D Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Subject:   Re: newest mozilla...

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 02:39:21PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-02-10 at 12:36, Gary D Kline wrote:
> > 	Something strange happened to several of my /usr/X11R6/lib
> > 	libraries yesterday; I have replaced these with a tarball
> > 	from another server.
> >
> > 	Now, trying to upgrade mozilla, the config script stalls
> > 	thusly:
> >
> > 	checking for XieFloGeometry in -lXIE... yes
> > 	checking for X11/extensions/XIElib.h... no
> > 	configure: error: Could not compile basic X program.
> > 	===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
> >
> > 	Anybody know what needs to be done here?
>
> Most likely you're missing a shared library somewhere.  You should look
> at the config.log in the mozilla build directory.  If you can't figure
> out the problem, send me that log.
>
> Joe

		Ah, yup!  I "tried" to update the *-4-libraries
		automagically; I didn't watch the results of get a
		typescript or tee outfile.  Nutshell, somehow only
		part of the port was installed.

		A make deinstall; make reinstall solved the problem.

		Um, while I'm posting this I have a question about
		which jdk13 to install for mozilla.  I brought over
		the Sun source for /usr/ports/java/jdk13.  But I
		see there is a "linux-jdk13" as well.  The former
		doesn't work.  mozilla can't use its plugins because
		of an undefined function.  Should I be using the
		linux version?

		thanks much,

		gary

--