Date:      Fri, 2 May 2003 21:20:01 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        "."@babolo.ru
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Extracting from a .bin file

On Sat, 3 May 2003 03:42:30 +0400 (MSD)
.@babolo.ru wrote:

> > On Fri, 2 May 2003 18:22:29 -0400
> > Mathew Kanner <mat@cnd.mcgill.ca> wrote:
> >
> > > On May 02, Randy Pratt wrote:

> > movie.cue
> > ---------------------------
> > FILE "movie.bin" BINARY
> >   TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
> >     INDEX 01 00:00:00
> >   TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
> >     INDEX 01 00:22:56
> >
> > movie.toc
> > ---------------------------
> > CD_ROM_XA
> >
> > // Track 1: Header with ISO 9660 file system
> > TRACK MODE2_RAW
> > DATAFILE "movie.bin" 00:22:56
> >
> > // Track 2: data from movie.ogm
> > TRACK MODE2_RAW
> > DATAFILE "dr_cal.bin" #4012512 79:04:38
> >
> > I've even tried to mount it as an iso filesystem but that returns "invalid
> > argument".
>
> Look at multimedia/vcdgear or sysutils/bchunk

I've tried several forms of:    vcdgear -cue2mpg movie.cue foo.mpg

CUE source --> movie.cue
MPEG destination --> foo.mpg
Extraction method --> cue2mpg

 Track #     mm:ss.ff     Sector Size          Track Size
    0        00:00.00     2352 bytes/sector         3918k
    1        00:22.56     2352 bytes/sector       817315k

and it does produce a foo.mpg file but mplayer says:
Playing foo.mpg
Falling back on trying to parse playlist foo.mpg...
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===

I gave bchunk a try and it did produce two iso files

bar01.iso
bar02.iso

but I was unable to mount the files using the vn device.  I think the
blocksize may be wrong for iso9660 so maybe that's why
it gives me "invalid argument".  I looked thru the mount man page but didn't
see any way to specify alternate blocksizes.

I've been poking around for a couple of weeks with these to no avail.
Thanks for the suggestions and I'm still open for more.

Randy