Date:      Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:27:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        sheldonh@iafrica.com (Sheldon Hearn)
Cc:        mladavac@metropolitan.at, cejkar@dcse.fee.vutbr.cz, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI and ATAPI_STATIC with the new ATA* driver?

It seems Sheldon Hearn wrote:
> Guess the answer for now is that people who can't live without
> statically numbered drives continue to use the older IDE driver or mail
> Soren diffs for adding device wiring support. :-)

Well, well, don't panic :)

I'll provide an option in the next commit round that gives the same
numbering as the old driver...

This will have to do for now, as getting ATAPI drives fixed also
is a bit more tricky (hint changer devices).

If all goes well, it will be there tonight (CET), as I also have a
LS120/ZIP driver ready, plus alot of other little fixes...

-Søren