Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:36:21 -0500
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        "Joe Marcus Clarke" <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Gst-register core dump in hash_print_key

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 00:19:29 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke
<marcus@marcuscom.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 14:56, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> On Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:37:54 +0200, Olivier Saut
>> <saut.olivier@wanadoo.fr>
>> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > every time I run gst-register (as user or as root) I get a coredump :
>> > os@banquo% gst-register Trying to load global_registry ...
>> > Error loading global_registry
>> > Added path   /usr/X11R6/lib/gstreamer-0.8 to user_registry
>> > Rebuilding user_registry (/home/os/.gstreamer-0.8/registry.xml) ...
>> > Added plugin gstgetbits with 0 features.
>> > Added plugin dvdreadsrc with 1 feature.
>> > Added plugin cdparanoia with 1 feature.
>> > Added plugin gstaf with 1 feature.
>> > Added plugin aasink with 1 feature.
>> > Added plugin a52dec with 1 feature.
>> > Added plugin cdplayer with 1 feature.
>> > zsh: 46934 bus error (core dumped)  gst-register
>> >
>> > I have tried to disable cdplayer plugin, but then it coredumps after
>> > a52dec.
>>
>> Here too, but my backtraces is kind of different. I am using libpthread
>> and ULE in 5.3-BETA3.

<snip>

> Where you getting the same crash with gstreamer-plugins-0.8.3?

I don't know about 0.8.3, but here I have:

% pkg_info | grep gst
gstreamer-0.8.5
gstreamer-plugins-0.8.4

> The code for modplug hasn't changed in months.  And I don't really see
> how the code to which this stack points could die unless maybe for a
> stack overflow.  What happens when you run:
>
> gst-register --gst-scheduler=gthread

# gst-register --gst-scheduler=gthread
Rebuilding global_registry
(/usr/X11R6/share/gnome/cache/gstreamer-0.8/registry.xml) ...
Added plugin gstspider with 2 features.
Added plugin vcdsrc with 1 feature.
Added plugin xvid with 2 features.
Added plugin snapshot with 1 feature.
Added plugin smoothwave with 1 feature.
Added plugin textoverlay with 1 feature.
Added plugin png with 2 features.
Added plugin jpeg with 4 features.
Added plugin hermescolorspace with 1 feature.
Added plugin gnomevfs with 2 features.
Added plugin gdkpixbuf with 2 features.
Added plugin aasink with 1 feature.
Added plugin cdplayer with 1 feature.
Bus error (core dumped)

The backtrace is same... If you don't have any problem, then is it
possible that it has to do with the sound driver? Because, I added a new
ID in sound/pci/ich.c (kern/71317) by myself to make it works. My brother
and sister said that the sound works when I ran cdcontrol with their CD
music.

BTW: I can't run gstreamer-properties either, which it crashes. I can't
even run it under gdb either, because gdb crashed itself at the each time
when I run it with gstreamer-properties.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Joe
>

>> Cheers,