Date:      Thu, 11 Nov 2004 00:40:56 +0300
From:      Vladimir Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        gnome <freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: MIME-Types handlers for gnome

=F7 =D3=D2, 10/11/2004 =D7 15:10 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke =D0=C9=DB=C5=D4:
> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 14:53 +0300, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> > Hi
> >=20
> > Have gnome tool/configurator for editing mime-types associations ?=20
> > I remember it had before, but can't find it now.
>
> It's gone in GNOME 2.8

oops ...

> >=20
> > Practically I am interesting in attaching open-office document-types
> > may be somebody has proper definition files ?
>=20
> Right-click on an OpenOffice file, select Properties, then choose the
> default application which which to open the document.

Yes, it works somehow, but not in best way, no program title definition,
no icon for mime-type

Also binary name in "Open with ..."  menu not best idea, IMHO

like "Open in smath", when other (auth-installed applications has good
descriptions)

I guess it is possible to edit mime/type manually,=20
can you provide some hints ?

=20
> > And also some small things like look to any text/* file with xemacs fro=
> > evolution, it does not works in evolution even if one configure
> > additional extension handler in nautilus.
>=20
> Same thing as above.

It is not possible from evolution :(=20
so I should save file first and then open properties with nautilus.

> Joe

--=20
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
SWsoft Inc. vova@sw-soft.com