Date:      Wed, 18 May 2005 13:08:37 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jai and jai-imageio

O Andreas Kohn έγραψε στις May 18, 2005 :

> On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 11:23 +0300, Achilleus Mantzios wrote:
> > Have anyone had any luck with the aforementioned packages?
> > On 5.4-RELEASE, if this makes any point at all.
> >
> > In my system, even rpm which is somewhere in the dependency graph,
> > fails to install.
> > Also linuxpluginwrapper needed by jai(??) fails
> > because it depends on
> > /compat/linux/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/intellinux/nppdf.so
> > that is print/acroread7 which also fails because simply it is marked
> > as BROKEN.
> >
> > So Souldn't either
> > jai which is a set of harmless .jar and .so install into jre directly
> > or
> > be marked as BROKEN because acroread has ... incomplete package list??
>
> Hi,
>
> you can install linuxpluginwrapper without dependency on Acrobat7 with:
> [/usr/ports/www/linuxpluginwrapper]# make install -DWITHOUT_PLUGINS
>
> This is at least a workaround until the underlying issue with Acrobat7
> gets fixed.

Thanks,
at the time you replied the port (acroread7) was back in life
(after i cvsup'd) but it pointed to a non existing tarball.
(AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-1.i386.rpm instead of the existing
AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-2.i386.rpm), so i had to ls -l, md5 etc...

:(

--
-Achilleus