Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 2002 13:03:35 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jason Fried <jfried@cluster.nix.selu.edu>
To:        Andrew Popovich <ap@express.net.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: RADIUS dialin

> Hello freebsd-isp,
>
>   Does anybody use RADIUS auth in dialup servers, based on FreeBSD?
>   How you provide auth and acct for "terminal window"" logins?
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Andrew                          mailto:ap@express.net.ua

A few years ago I worked with a portmaster, that used a Radius server on a
FreeBSD machine for user auth, the radius server would auto-detect ppp so
we had two entries in our radiusd config file. one for the ppp connections
and one for those not using ppp, which was for dail-up terminal logins.

Now I dont know if this is even valid anymore but it was something like
this:

DEFAULT Auth-Type = System
        Service-Type = Login-User,
        Session-Timeout = 360000000000000,
        Login-Service = Rlogin,
        Login-IP-Host = the.login.host.ip

Now I belive that was for a radius daemon from compaq just for the
portmaster. Your Radius Server man pages should contain all the info you
need to setup yours to do the same.

Now if you mean that you wanted a FreeBSD machine to auth via a radius
server. I know PAM has radius support.

I hope that helped a little.

--
Jason Fried