Date:      Mon, 05 Oct 1998 14:42:48 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The necessary steps for logging (the problem is fixed)

At 08:57 PM 10/5/98 +0200, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

>Anyone with intelligent comment on the usefulness of using only tabs as
>separators and not whitespace, as is the norm for many conf formats?

I don't think it's useful. Most people quote items with spaces anyway,
either because they do not remember whether spaces are allowed in that
case or because they want to be sure. I think that distinguishing between
different "kinds" of whitespace creates a pitfall for the unwary and does
nothing useful.

--Brett