Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2006 21:31:43 +1000
From:      Alastair Rankine <arsptr@optusnet.com.au>
To:        pav@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/96301: [patch] Upgrade instiki to 0.11.0

--Apple-Mail-1-240178843

>>> This port leaves one file behind when uninstalled:
>>>
>>> /usr/local/instiki/db/production.db.sqlite3
>>>
>>> should I add it to the pkg-plist?
>>
>> That is the database file for your wiki.
>>
>> It's user data, hence deliberately excluded from the pkg-plist.
>
> So, what will we do with it? It must not be left behind.
> I assume there is some kind of empty "default" database in there?
> That could be safely removed, if it's not modified by the user.
>
> Not having it in plist also means, that it will not be installed from
> package.

How can the port detect whether the database has been modified by the
user? Or to put it another way, how would the port block the deletion
of this file on uninstall, if the database had been modified?

What's the usual resolution in cases like this?

--Apple-Mail-1-240178843
	name=PGP.sig
content-transfer-encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-1-240178843--