Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2006 10:22:59 +0300
From:      Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
To:        "Georg-W. Koltermann" <gwk-fbsd@mnet-mail.de>
Cc:        freebsd-eclipse@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anyone working on Eclipse 3.2?

Georg-W. Koltermann wrote:
> I wanted to take a peek at Eclipse 3.2(RC), but when I run it with the
> Linux jdk 1.5 I soon get a core dump :-(
>
> So, is anyone already working on a FreeBSD native version? Any
> preliminary work that you could share?

I'm planning to do it eventually, if no one beats me to it (which I
would really appreciate :-)). My usual strategy, is to copy eclipse over
to eclipse-devel, modify the distfile and version stuff and keep the
patch files. Then it is a boring sequence of make patch -> error -> redo
the patch that failed. I believe some of our patches may no longer be
necessary, like manualpatch-plugins-swt-gtk-os_custom.h and
manualpatch-plugins-swt-cairo-library. After our current patches apply
correctly, there is a new sequence of make -> error -> create new patches.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Panagiotis