Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 21:04:44 -0500 (CDT)
From:      PHIL Gilley <phil@rho>
To:        Walter Huff <WHUFF@uwohali.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with bootpd and/or Trumpet Winsock

On Mon, 22 May 1995, Walter Huff wrote:

> I've posted questions about this to alt.winsock, but apparently
> nobody on that usenet group uses the Bootp feature of Trumpet.  My
> guess is that it's a bug in the Trumpet software, but I was just
> wondering if anyone out there might have encountered this or a
> similar problem and might be able to help me to resolve it.

This probably isn't much help, but I've had 20-30 PCs using Trumpet's
bootp feature with a Sparc 5 running SunOS 4.1.3 for over a year without
any trouble.  I seem to remember trying to get the same thing working
with a FreeBSD 1.1.5 machine way back when and having problems.  But I
didn't spend any time trying to figure it out.

Btw, in my trumpwsk.ini file, I have "ip=0.0.0.0" instead of "ip=bootp".
I don't know if that makes a difference.

Phil Gilley
pgilley@metronet.com
phil@rho.lonestar.org