Date:      Mon, 08 Sep 2008 23:34:50 +0200
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        Raul <raul@b2n.org>
Cc:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Adaptec AAR-1225SA REV A2, solved!

On 09/08/08 18:26, Raul wrote:
> El sáb, 06-09-2008 a las 22:17 +0200, Volker escribió:
>
> [....]
>> the ata driver does not know anything about the device ID.
>>
>> Try the attached patches and rebuild kernel.
>
> After some more use, still looks pretty good.
>
> I have seen that on rev. 1.90 of ata-pci.h, the 1220SA is already
> supported. Any chance to get your patch for the 1225SA on the tree?. It
> would be great have it supported on RELENG_7 some day OXD.
>
> Thanks a lot Volker!.
>
> Raul

Raul,

sorry for delay - too much work.

First you may try how your IDE adapter behaves under load. Older SiI
chips used to work fine for light load but refused to work under load
(in terms of write operations). I don't know if this is still true for
these newer chips.

For the commit:

1) I don't have a commit bit, but we may get that in (by the help of
somebody else)
2) we're already in a freeze situation - don't expect that to be in
-STABLE before 7.1-RELEASE (also it needs to be in HEAD first and then
may get MFC'd).

Thanks for reporting!

Volker

PS: Can you please file a PR with my patch attached? I'm missing some
time to do that (this way, the change doesn't get lost).