Date:      Fri, 9 Oct 1998 10:36:19 +0200
From:      Sebastien GIORIA <gioria@francenet.fr>
To:        Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro@sendmail.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Neomagic (was: Is this possible)

Le Fri, Oct 09, 1998 at 12:04:47AM -0700,  le clavier de Gregory Neil Shapiro ecrivait:
> >> I've got a Dell inspiron 3200 with a neomagic chip. It work
> >> fine in 800x600 mode, but is anyone working in 1024x768 mode ?
> >>
> >> Because  Win$98 work in 1024
> I was able to get the newest (2.0) Precision Insight Linux XFCom_neomagic
> driver working under FreeBSD 2.2.7 using the Linux LKM module from the
> FreeBSD 2.2.8 snapshot.  It may sound odd but it works.  I'm using a
> NeoMagic 256AV on a Sony PCG-808.

	Well, I upgrade the box to Neomagic SVGA server patched by
Doug White and on FreeBSD-2.2.7-RELEASE.

	I was able this night (CEST time) to work in 1024x768 but only
in 8pp depth, does anyone make work on 16pp depth ?.

		 S.

PS: Patch at : http://www.freebsd.org/~dwhite/neomagic/
--
-->  Bad cafeteria food landed all the sysadmins in the hospital.  <--
Sebastien Gioria - FranceNet                     gioria@francenet.fr