Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2014 23:49:19 +0300
From:      clutton <clutton@zoho.com>
To:        David Naylor <dbn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Request for feedback] Improved DirectX in Wine ports (packages available)

--=-KWO9bnEqdLKd0GnYEkRf

On Tue, 2014-04-08 at 02:44 +0300, clutton wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 21:02 +0300, David Naylor wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > It has been requested by some community members that the custom DirectX=
 patches by stefand [1] be integrated into the Wine port.  As this requires=
 a non-trivial amount of work I would like to assess the community's intere=
st in these patches. =20
> >=20
> > For those who do not know what these patches do: it is reported that th=
ey improve the performance of DirectX games and could possibly fix regressi=
ons on FreeBSD. =20
> >=20
> > To try out the packages please either install the packages directly fro=
m the mirrors [2] or issue the following commands:
> > # mkdir -p /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos
> > # fetch -o /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos http://people.freebsd.org/~dbn/repo=
s/wine-cs.conf
> > # fetch -o /usr/local/etc/pkg/repos http://people.freebsd.org/~dbn/repo=
s/wine-cs.cert
> > # pkg update
> > # pkg install -r wine i386-wine-cs
> >=20
> > The packages, although labelled 1.7.15 (for the Wine version they are b=
ased on) are based on cs-0.6. =20
> >=20
> > If you find the packages useful, please report back to me.  If there is=
 sufficient support (i.e. enough people reply in the positive) then I'll pu=
blish the packages on a regular basis and maintain the appropriate ports. =
=20
> >=20
> > Regards
> >=20
> > [1] https://github.com/stefand/wine/releases
> > [2] http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/dbn/repos/=
wine-cs/
>=20
> Tried it on =C2=ABThe dark mod=C2=BB. Don't see any improvements.
> With high graphic settings, the game is slow like a shit.

Please ignore my previous feedback. The game runs OpenGL, not DirectX.

--=-KWO9bnEqdLKd0GnYEkRf

--=-KWO9bnEqdLKd0GnYEkRf--