Date:      Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:38:55 -0500
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        "Teske, Devin" <Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: about unatteneded installation

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Teske, Devin
<Devin.Teske@fisglobal.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Feb 2013, Rick Miller wrote:
>
> No worries on time lapse. In fact, I had been needing to get back to you on assuaging those 4 failed
> patch hunks on your sysinstall work.
>
> FreeBSD Druid (both 8.x and 9.x) use sysinstall for disk partitioning. What does sysinstall use, you say?
> Glad you asked. sysinstall(8) uses a combination of:

I anticipated this.  I am under the impression one cannot force proper
slice alignment on 4K sector drives with sysinstall (see
http://ivoras.net/blog/tree/2011-01-01.freebsd-on-4k-sector-drives.html).
 Is it safe to assume that this also applies to 9.x when utilizing
sysinstall based installer?

--
Take care
Rick Miller