Date:      Fri, 30 May 2014 13:54:18 +0800
From:      Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: CFR, CFT: Fine-grained SUBDIR dependencies for parallel builds

Updated patch works fine for me surviving -j64 buildworld on
quad-core. Compile time did not differ much, ~35 mins. I 'd guess
that's because build has already been well paralleled inside each
subdirs for ~4 jobs.

It would be even better if someone can stress it on multicore system,
say 12+ cores, to explore higher hw concurrency to see the difference.

Looks other targets using .for loops can be translated to this finer
dependency rules as well? e.g. _bootstrap-tools, probably already on
your todo list?

-Jia-Shiun.