Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2014 20:27:51 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Bernhard_Fr=C3=B6hlich?= <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Beeblebrox <zaphod@berentweb.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtualbox additions issue

Am 25.09.2014 08:15 schrieb "Beeblebrox" <zaphod@berentweb.com>:

> I got GuestAdditions to work with WinXP VMGuest (except some USB
problems, to
> which I had been alerted previously):
>
> * Make sure you have an empty virtual CD-ROM in "Storage" for the VMGuest,
> then start the VMGuest session.
> * Devices (menu) > Insert GuestAdditions CD Image > select path and then
the
> "VBoxGuestAdditions_4.3.16.iso" file.
> * GuestAdditions gets installed and now starts to work.
>
> Does this have to be repeated for each VM separately? If so, having a port
> for Additins does not make sense IMHO?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say but the vbox additions port is for
FreeBSD guests only. That is required because the ISO is a big blob which
does not support FreeBSD and probably never will. For Windows guests the
ISO is your only choice and for Linux you sometimes have both choices
depending on the distro.