Date:      Sun, 10 Jan 2016 18:28:53 +0100
From:      Willem Jan Withagen <wjw@digiware.nl>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Attribute order in storing and retreiving extended attributes

On 10-1-2016 18:04, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> --------
> In message <56928D06.4050500@digiware.nl>, Willem Jan Withagen writes:
>
>> This is on a ZFS filesystem.
>> Is there any particular reason why these is not deterministic?
>
> You should not expect them to be in any particular order, no such
> guarantee is given by the API.
>
> Filesystem operations such as backups and restore can (also) rearrange
> order of extended attribute.

Hi Poul-Henning,

I went thru the man pages and there is indeed no such guarantee.
Neither do the Linux man pages.

So I'm contemplating what to do with the test. It is sort of hard to
determine if the Ceph tools somewhere expect this ordering. But for the
time being I think I'll just disable the test.

--WjW