Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 11:45:29 +0000
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: reset screen hardware?

"Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
>> Well, since you mention the ISDN stuff, I seem to recall we would have
>> got it in the kernel long ago (like about March 1996) if it had been
>
>I was talking about the even earlier stuff - Friede's earlier work
>with the Dr. Neuhaus cards.  That *did* make it into the kernel long
>ago and then rotted away for lack of attention and was finally removed.

because we moved from ii0.1 (which was the old stuff in the tree) to
ii0.2. ii0.2 was relatively much cleaner than ii0.1 (even though it
was still a mess in many ways). Then, as Greg wrote, Dietmar got bent
out of shape at about the time J"org had reviewed the new stuff (aka
bisdn) and I was ready to import it and we had to start re-writing the
whole schmeer.

_That's_ the story with ISDN.

---
Gary Jennejohn