Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 06:49:22 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kernel trace question (kernel doesn't compile _without_ -O)

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000 at 04:44:08AM +1000, David Gilbert wrote:
>Also... I have noticed that several modules don't want to compile in
>the kernel without -O, including kern_synch.c (undefined reference to
>__cursig) and atomic.c (inconsistent operand constraints in an `asm').

I am aware of problems with atomic.c, but haven't had the time to
fix it properly.  My original problem was trying to make the code
work in both 3.x and 4.x since gcc 2.7.x and egcs/gcc 2.9.x have
imcompatible constraint requirements.

I suspect the current approach (inline functions) may not be optimal,
but haven't spent enough time experimenting to be certain.

Peter