Date:      Tue, 9 Jul 2019 03:32:33 +0800
From:      Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>
To:        Peter Harris <p3tharris@rediffmail.com>
Cc:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>,  "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: test modified freebsd source

You can try to run the test suite https://wiki.freebsd.org/TestSuite
and compare the results of the latest build at https://ci.freebsd.org

There is a mailing list
https://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/listinfo/freebsd-testing for
discussing testing related topics.

Li-Wen

On Tue, Jul 9, 2019 at 3:22 AM Peter Harris via freebsd-hackers
<freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org> wrote:

> I need to make changes to commands like chmod, arp, chown etc. which resi=
de in &#x2F;usr&#x2F;bin, &#x2F;usr&#x2F;sbin, &#x2F;bin and &#x2F;sbin. I =
need to make minor changes in kernal too, but that&#x27;s for later. The on=
ly way I see as of now is to make a freebsd install and test sources after =
changes within it. Is there a better way around? Thanks for the support,Pet=
er

witched from Ubuntu). Its gonna get used at my work. I have the responsibil=
ity to make some modifications and customise source tree as per the demands=
.Can i get some suggestions on what would be the best way to test the chang=
es i make? Majorly I need to make changes to the current commands and some =
minor changes to the kernal. I haven&amp;#x27;t done such a task before (li=
ke building a complete OS) so i am pretty much clueless. Would really appre=
ciate getting some help. Kind regards, Peter

;&nbsp;&nbsp;&lt;reichert@numachi.com&gt;

"