Date:      Tue, 23 May 1995 23:55:49 -0700
From:      asami@CS.Berkeley.EDU (Satoshi Asami | =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQHUbKEI=?= =?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCOCsbKEIgGyRCOC0bKEI=?=)
To:        gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com
Cc:        jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Sather-1.0.5

 * I'm not sure I follow your conclusions. I just started a build on
 * westhill (a P5-90 with an obscene ammount of memory) and judging by
 * the trace I saw, everything up to the
 *
 * cd Boot/cs.code; make CC='gcc' CFLAGS='-O2' CS='cs'
 *
 * was testing the machine configuration and calculating various bits and
 * bobs to do with machine-dependant support. Then it gets into the guts
 * of the compile.

Yeah, but Julian's log is missing a lot of lines between "===>  Building
for..." and "cd Boot/cs.code; ...".  Isn't that strange?

 * Sather is a resource pig. Even on an otherwise idle P5-90, it takes a
 * long time to even generate the first stage test, and even longer to
 * run it. I would not be surprised to see it fail on Julian's box, and
 * it will certainly test the swap code on either thud or Julian's box as
 * the test executable grows rather large.

Ah.  So that's probably why it takes an ungodly amount of time on his
machine.

 * Also, Sather 1.0.6 is now out :-)

Well, no upgrades now, we are in code freeze.... ;)

Satoshi