Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:27:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        David Xu <bsddiy@21cn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vm balance

:I heard NetBSD has implemented a FreeBSD like VM, it also implemented
:a VM balance in recent verion of NetBSD. some parameters like TEXT,
:DATA and anonymous memory space can be tuned. is there anyone doing
:such work on FreeBSD or has FreeBSD already implemented it?
:
:--
:David Xu

    FreeBSD implements a very sophisticated VM balancing algorithm.  Nobody's
    complaining about it so I don't think we need to really change it.  Most
    of the other UNIXes, including Linux, are actually playing catch-up to
    FreeBSD's VM design.

						-Matt