Date:      Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:54:42 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        dgilbert@dclg.ca
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: USB hub issue adendum.

In message: <16737.32607.772875.17590@canoe.dclg.ca>
            David Gilbert <dgilbert@dclg.ca> writes:
: >>>>> "M" == M Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> writes:
:
: M> In message: <16733.37521.568515.842497@canoe.dclg.ca> David Gilbert
: M> <dgilbert@dclg.ca> writes: : I've had the USB hub issue bite be on
: M> and off for awhile now.  It : appears to be completely random
: M> corruption because moving from BETA3 : to BETA6 fixed it (for now)
: M> for me.
:
: M> Does BETA7 fix the problems for you?
:
: I cvsup'd a day after reading this message and rebuilt the world and
: kernel.  The uname -a still says BETA6.
:
: However, the BETA6 before this recent cvsup and afterwards both don't
: exhibit the crash where the BETA3 I was running did.  In particular,
:
: My mouse basestation (I have the mx900) is a usb hub with a "mouse"
: attachment and sometimes a "bluetooth" attachment (currently turned
: off).  During boot, the whole hub is detached and under BETA3, the
: machine would hang.  It would also hang if I unplugged the mouse
: (detaching the hub).
:
: BETA6 is not exhibiting this behaviour.  I don't know when I can cvsup
: BETA7 for you.

Sicne it isn't the same crash, I think I need more information about
what it is you are seeing.  Let's start there.  What is the random
corruptuion that you were seeing?

Warner