Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:03:15 +0200
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        ru@FreeBSD.org, audit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/natd natd.8 natd.c

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:53:04 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> >Yuk.  Wouldn't a better idea simply to make the whining more useful,
> >with something like this?
>
> You are not proposing a log message per packet that people cannot
> turn off are you ?

I don't think that's what the patch does.  I'm pretty sure it simply
enhances the previously ineffective message, leaving the conditions for
printing alone.

Personally, I'd like to see your new option inverted so that the default
is still to log these problems, but allow you to turn them off if you
like.  And I'd like the suggested change to the actual content of the
log message.

Ciao,
Sheldon.